March 7, 2011

Shopping

I have managed to make a couple purchases lately for the house.
Both of them make my husband roll his eyes.

First up, this vintage Henredon sofa.


It's a quilted floral fabric with down cushions -- super long and thus super comfy for naps (not that I've been taking any naps lately!).  It's going into the "office" for now, but I'll try to come up with and post a room design for how I want to use it.  It is a bright yellow, but I think with the right accessories it will look great!


Then this weekend I found this tin tray.  The colors are a little more vibrant in person.  I still need to clean it up, and I want to do a little research on the manufacturer to find out more about the product, but I think it will work well in our foyer to corral objects on a chest of drawers there.

How about you?  Any fun house finds lately?  I have some major work to do this week as I try to get classes wrapped up before spring break, so posting may be somewhat sporadic, but I hope you have a great week!

Update: if you like the tray, I just found one like it selling on eBay.  Check out the link HERE.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...