February 27, 2012

Fun times

How was your weekend?  I had an especially nice one, starting with having friends over Friday night for dinner and a movie.  We watched Midnight in Paris, so at least now I can say I watched one of the Oscar Best Picture nominees.  It's very uncultured of us, but the truth is that we mostly watch movies, not films.  I'm pretty sure there's a difference in semantics.

Also, my brother was in town this weekend to show off his new Land Rover see his family, so we had a great breakfast at Palmer's on Saturday morning (one of the best places for breakfast in Des Moines, in my opinion).  Then we went to Dillard's since they were having a great sale this weekend.  We got a few deals, including a couple sets of Bodum double-walled tumblers.  Josh and I have wanting to try these for a while, and the store had them marked down to $6 for a pair.


Don't the layers of espresso look great in these?  Apparently these cups are good for serving either hot or cold drinks and won't produce condensation on a cold drink.  I'll have to test that capability this summer, or rather, have a guest try it out since I don't use ice in drinks and prefer everything room temperature or hot.

To celebrate Kansas' down-to-the-wire win over Missouri on Saturday, we made these Nutella sandwich cookies.  James tasted one and said, "Wow, I like it! It's delicious!"  I'm not sure why he expected that he would dislike sugar cookies filled with Nutella!


We spent the rest of the weekend hanging with family, building real-life Angry Birds sets, and going on a walk (our unseasonably warm winter continues!).

This surprisingly strong tower withstood seven direct hits from the yellow bird, and everyone knows he's the most effective of all the Angry Birds.

This week is going to be busy for me as we have something scheduled every night, plus I have a lot on my plate at work, so it was nice to have a leisurely, sunny weekend to get us well rested!  Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

Kara K said...

Glad to have been part of your fun weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...