Remember these brown and white toile pillows? I did a tutorial on how to sew them, and I was pretty happy with the final product. Unfortunately, they only looked good for a couple weeks, and then the ball trim started to pull out in places (this was a mysterious occurrence that I'm sure had nothing to do with the fact that James kept throwing them across the living room and Sammy kept kicking them onto the floor).
I finally went through and pulled/cut out all the trim. It was sad because adding it took so much extra work in the first place, but at least the pillows are still functional, and I do like the more streamlined look. I guess that teaches me a lesson about trying to be all fancy when I have a preschooler and a rambunctious dog.