November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving leaves


As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, I wanted to share a simple craft.  This year, we hung Thanksgiving leaves from the light fixture in our breakfast room as a reminder to be grateful.  I searched online for some leaf patterns, then enlarged the images and printed them out on white card stock.  After cutting out the leaves, I punched a hole in the stem and hung them from different colored ribbons.  As a family, we wrote on the leaves what we are thankful for this year.  Here is the finished project:



It was entertaining to see what everybody was thankful for; we have some standards like "family" and "friends," but we are also thankful for "banana bread," "water," "sharks," and "noise."  I have to say that many times, after spending the day with a preschooler, I am not grateful for noise, but perhaps I should be!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...