December 14, 2010

Details

I found this silverplate coffee and tea service this summer on Craigslist.  It was really dull and tarnished, but with some polish and a lot of elbow grease, the tarnish disappeared, and now it's one of my favorite items.  What I love about it are all the intricate little details.


All four pieces--coffee pot, teapot, sugar bowl, and creamer pitcher--have identical feet.  I like that the tarnish that remained after polishing helps highlight the intricacy of the design.  You can also see the engraved design on the top of the tray in this picture.


The tray's handles


The handles of both the teapot and the coffee pot have a subtle leaf design, which reminds me of my grandmother's set of dining chairs, which I inherited.


I have always loved the combination of the carved leaf detail on the back of the chair and the barley twist spindles.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...