April 7, 2011

Ribbon, ribbon on the wall...

The other day my dad walked into our guest bathroom and said, "What an interesting idea, mija, to hang a bow by the ceiling.  Very unique!  That must be new!"  My mom replied, "No, honey, that's been there for months," which was true.  A while back I hung a ribbon above a set of frames, and I think it's been kind of fun, but now I'm taking it down because I need to add more artwork to that room and the color of the ribbon just isn't going to work anymore.

{Old ribbon use}

As I've mentioned before, I don't like to throw things away, so I decided to repurpose part of the ribbon.  I hung a length of it in our closet, where I can clip on birthday cards and thank you cards, which I sometimes want to keep and look at for a while.

{New ribbon use}



{I attached the cards using costume jewelry clip-on earrings left over from this project, but a paperclip on the inside of the card works too}


Am I alone in liking ribbons?  I am always rolling up little bits of ribbon left over from projects, gift wrapping, etc.  Sometimes they end up as impromptu bookmarks, other times as a little something extra on a small gift.  I am always drawn towards those images of multiple spools of ribbon hanging from a long dowel.  Maybe some day if I have a gift wrapping / craft closet...  :)

And while we're on the subject of ribbon, here are a few great online sources:
M & J Trimming
The Container Store
Etsy (Trim Goddess) -- Etsy and eBay are great places to shop around for lengths of ribbon if you're looking for a specific color or style 
Patchwork Panda Trims



{I like looking at the cards from friends and family while picking something to wear from my new jewelry board}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...