April 29, 2011

Vintage stereo cabinet


So after yesterday's post about wood furniture, I thought I'd give you a glimpse of our newest acquisition: this cabinet stereo from the '40s or '50s (I think -- I need to do more research!).  It's a family piece that we picked up over Easter weekend.  I gave it a good dusting and polished up the finish a little bit.  The front now shines in the light from the window right next to it, which I really like!


For now we have it sitting in our living room, but if we ever finish a family music / TV room in the basement, I think it would we great there too!


The doors on the front cover a record player and radio.  How fun is the radio and dials??  This makes listening to the radio cool again!  I hope we can get the record player running again -- I think we need to buy a few pieces, but we do have the original records that came with it, so it would be a fun party trick to play those for company!


1 comment:

Nikki said...

Gorgeous! What a great piece!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...