June 10, 2011

Front yard plans

For Mother's Day, my present was that I could do whatever landscaping I wanted in the front yard.  To me, this is a very good present, especially since it requires my husband to do more than pull out a credit card and buy a bouquet of roses.  I am thinking of a fence and climbing flowers and such.  I hope that's not more than what he bargained for!  Here are a few inspiring images:













Do you see the common elements?  White picket fences, stepping stones, shady plants like hydrangeas and ferns and hostas, some climbing roses, lines of boxwoods, an arbor...

All this might be a bit much.  We don't have a huge front yard, so I'll have to tone it down a little.  But I'm looking forward to getting our house looking a little more presentable.  I'll be sure to post pictures later!

2 comments:

Kara K said...

I'm getting the distinct feeling of "white picket fence" :)

Unknown said...

Wow

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...