January 9, 2012

Orange

Right before the end of the year, I hurried down to my new office to make a quick decision on paint since the space was going to be emptied and repainted over the holiday break.  I met my new office mate, and together we had about 15 minutes to decide on a color scheme.  I wanted some color but not anything overpowering as it is a smallish space.  We were given six colors from which to choose; he chose beige for three walls, and I chose orange for the fourth.  Orange??!  What was I thinking?  I literally own one orange piece of clothing and absolutely nothing orange for our house (except for some fall-hued items that get dragged out of storage every October).  This is strange given that Color Me Beautiful tagged me as an "autumn" back in the fifth grade.

It made me feel a little better to see that orange is Pantone's color of the year for 2012 (so I guess my choice was trending, not haphazard?).  Grant Gibson's new Hermes-orange bathroom was further comfort, as were these posts from Heather of Habitually Chic, in which she compiled a set of wonderful orange interiors and fashion.

I still very much prefer the color red, but I am trying to convince myself that orange will be okay and that it is in fact a good thing to venture out of one's tried-and-trues sometimes.  I am also hoping that the color turns out looking more "rust" or "paprika" and less "radioactive tangerine."

I will try to post photos once I get settled in a bit.  In the meantime, a few images I keep looking at to assuage my regret...

Christina Murphy


Robin Bell


Gwen Driscoll


Courtney Coleman


Ron Marvin


Also Ron Marvin


Windsor Smith


Kristen Buckingham


Jeffrey Bilhuber

What about you?  Do you like orange or not?
 

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Ooooooh! I love that you took a chance with the orange! Maybe it will make your office hours very cheery! I love the rooms that paired the bold orange with grey...but I sort of have a love affair with grey ;) can't wait to see your new space!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...