May 9, 2012

Sea & sky

Over the weekend we watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (the movie version, not the old British TV series).  The most memorable part for me was the song that played at the end of the movie as the film switched between a flashback to a holiday party and the sad end of the story.  It's Charles Trenet's "La Mer," sung, obviously, in French.  I do like the English version ("Beyond the Sea"), but I hadn't heard the French before, and I think the French was better.

Humming "La Mer" the past few days must have subliminally affected my shopping and dressing habits.


Remember these nail polishes?  Well, I recently picked up the same formula in the color "Sea," and it's a nice change from the pink or neutral polishes I've been wearing lately.  I really like the color of this polish with white and blue, as I noticed when I set the bottle down between painting my nails, reading a design book, and drinking coffee from my Blue Willow mug (see picture above).  :)

After all, aren't these pretty rooms?

 House Beautiful


Lonny Magazine


Williamson Designs


Elle Decor


This week both James and I inadvertently ended up dressing in blue, white, and sea green:


James is doing better than me: he has anchors on his shorts, so he gets bonus points for an explicit sartorial nautical reference.  Get ready for the summer, guys: lots of matching mother-son outfits and photo ops are in store, apparently.

Dress: BCBG, Cardigan: LE Canvas, Ombre sunglasses: Michael Kors, Nails: Sally Hansen Smooth & Perfect in "Sea"


Here's a little summery outfit I put together that uses these shades.  As a bonus, each piece is under $100.


Dress: Old Navy
Sandals: Enzo Angiolini
Necklace: Ann Taylor
Hat: Target


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...